FULL TIME BATTERY TECHNICIAN
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
Zelōs Energy is an emerging enterprise located in San Leandro, California, and is working on a
groundbreaking alternative to lead acid and lithium-ion battery technology. We are seeking a
motivated and diligent battery process engineer to support our research & development and scale-
Zelos Energy is seeking a Battery Technician to play a supporting role in battery prototype fabrication and testing. The best candidate will work in a small team of engineers and scientists on battery engineering and R&D projects. Projects will be focused on optimization of cell assembly and improvement of cell performance as well as general lab duties. Qualified applicants should have prior hands-on experience in wet chemistry lab or in the field of aqueous or Li-ion batteries. Applicants must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and precision-driven environment.
1. Perform tasks including electrode preparation and cell assembly, delicate assembly of prototype cells & testing.
2. Work with members of the team under the direction of the battery engineer to streamline standard cell build processes.
3. Handle battery materials and perform standard wet lab functions.
4. Document electrodes and cells fabrication data.
5. Assemble a variety of battery prototypes including pouch and cylindrical cells. 6. Inventory and supply management.
7. Fluent with Excel, Word and Power Point or with MacOs
Required Education and Experience
1. At least 1-2 years of work experience in an industry setting preferred.
2. Community College or B.S. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science.
3. Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time and perform hand intensive assembly of batteries. 4. Knowledge of electrochemical energy storage materials is a plus.
5. Knowledge and experience with Zn-Mn or other types of aqueous-base batteries is a plus. 6. Hands-on knowledge of battery and/or other electrochemical energy devices assembly or testing is preferred.
7. Excellent oral skills required.
8. Excellent problem-solving capability required.
9. Interpersonal skills to work effectively.
10. Has a do-whatever-it-takes attitude, thrives in a fast-paced, start-up environment, and is capable of completing project deliverables on time.
11. Authorization to work in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift laboratory products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
San Leandro, Bay Area, California
Travel is not required for this role.
Competitive with opportunity for growth.
Range is $50k-$60k with the potential of going higher depending on experience
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorized to work in the United States.
Zelos Energy provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Application & Interview Process
Interested candidates should apply via LinkedIn or company website.
Technology, Energy, Nanotechnology
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org