FULL TIME BATTERY/PROCESS ENGINEER
Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
Zelōs Energy is an emerging enterprise located in San Leandro, California, and is working on a
groundbreaking alternative to lead acid and lithium-ion battery technology. We are seeking a
motivated and diligent battery process engineer to support our research & development and scale-
• Collaborate with battery scientists and engineers to carry out cutting-edge experiments.
• Collaborate with battery manufacturing vendors to establish process workflows and tools
• Run independent battery experiments and participate in battery assembly. Use your attention
to detail to identify issues with equipment/materials or processing steps.
• Improve SOPs to increase efficiency and quality.
• Maintain a clean, organized lab workspace. Communicate results and update daily progress.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Strong fundamentals in chemistry, physics, and engineering.
• Familiarity with non-Li storage in general and with Zn alkaline systems specifically is a plus.
• Strong familiarity with modern battery production equipment and hands-on experience
working on some of it
• Familiarity with slurry formulations process and its optimization
• Ability to communicate clearly and openly; strong affinity for teamwork.
• Deep familiarity with battery testing equipment
• Organized in recording and managing experimental activity
• Proficiency in MS office suite, and ability to learn additional specialized programs.
• Proficient in safe laboratory practices especially in handling powders, solvents and chemicals
Experience and education:
• One year or more of hands-on, independent laboratory experience in a R&D environment or
multi-tasking position and/or degree from a 2-4 year program.
• > 2 years experience in the battery industry (preferred but not required)
• $80-$110k depending on level and experience
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org